Sunday, November 6, 2011

Just For Shoe Lovers




I was supposed to do this post along with last night's but I got too tired. That post was way longer than I thought. For this post I am going to share with you these monthly membership shoe sites that have been popping up. I've signed up & went through them & this is just my basic review of each. Enjoy!

First, the site I signed up with first.. 


Shoe Dazzle.com: I signed up a while ago out of curiosity & didn't really go far with it. I remember looking around, adding things to my shopping bag & then getting annoyed because I couldn't go to the shopping bag without giving them my credit card info. I wanted to check through what I added, compare, re-evaluate, etc. That wasn't allowed. I even wrote to them about it. Don't remember what they replied but I do know I never went back onto the site.
But I recently returned to look around again. They changed the whole no shopping bag access issue. So I looked around & found SO many things I wanted! I literally just added all things to the shopping bag that I wanted. I ended up having about 70 things in the bag. If only I were rich & had $2,796.50 to spare. That is the exact total of the items in the bag! I was really surprised at how many items on there I wanted. I spent forever on the site saving these items into my favorites & my shoe folder. Dream shopping as I call it.


The Rundown:
  • Monthly membership site featuring shoes, bags & jewelry.
  • Easy to join. No credit card info required on sign-up.
  • No obligation to buy when you first sign-up.
  • 20% off your first item purchased.
  • Can skip the month [pay nothing] if you wish just by clicking a button on the site before the 5th of the month.
  • Can skip as many months as you wish.
  • Earn 100 points for every purchase, 200 for every friend referral who purchases. 1000 points = a free credit for one item.
  • Lots of selection to choose from.
  • Free shipping & exchanges. Always.
Cons:
  • To see more items that are in a Stylist's "showroom" I had to link the site to my Facebook account. I didn't want Shoe Dazzle posts all over my wall but I was able to edit the settings to prevent that from happening. Also you earn 100 "Style points" just for doing this Facebook connect. So not a total con.
  • For every item you view there are multiple pictures of different angles or views of the item. They also sometimes show an outfit idea featuring other shoes, bags &/or jewelry they sold. But you couldn't click on the other items in the picture or search for them by name on their site. A feature that would be very handy. Don't show me things you have that will go with these shoes & then make it hard for me to get to them.
Example:
For this picture, I was viewing that Roxbury bag. If I wanted to go view the shoes I have to somehow stumble onto them because they aren't searchable or clickable. What a tease!


Love it, Like it, Hate it: Considering how many items I wanted to buy from them [probably more if I kept looking, also the ones which names I wrote down but have yet to find] I would say I love this site so far. I haven't ordered anything from them so I cannot comment on their quality or service but on the selection alone I love the site. I minus a point for the lack of a search feature which I will be writing to them about, but still thinks its a good site & recommend it to others.


Sign Up: Shoe Dazzle


Next up...

JustFab.com: I did a post about the bag I got from here the same night I signed up [There was a 50% off my first item offer I had to jump on]. I would really count this site as my first monthly subscription site since I barely experienced Shoe Dazzle before giving up. I signed up, did the style survey & seen a few items for immediate viewing while I waited for my "Boutique" Selections to be chosen. I was also presented with a "Tonight only" 50% off my first item offer. So upon signing up I was eyeing this bag & seeing that $19.95 price tag.. how could I resist?! So I placed my order, received my bag pretty quickly & I loved the bag! Good quality, just as pictured.. I was very happy. I did my review of the bag on their site as well as on another post

The Rundown:
  • Monthly membership site featuring shoes, bags & jewelry.
  • Easy to join. No credit card info required on sign-up.
  • No obligation to buy when you first sign-up.
  • 20% off your first item purchased.
  • Can skip the month [pay nothing] if you wish just by clicking a button on the site before the 5th of the month.
  • Can skip as many months as you wish.
  • Earn 1 point per 1 dollar spent, 350 points = 1 free credit. Items you can get for redeeming 100, 200 or 300 points. Earn 175 points when a friend you refer to the site makes a purchase.
  • Lots of selection to choose from.
  • Free shipping & exchanges. Always.
Cons: 

  • None yet in my opinion

Love it, Like it, Hate it: Well I ordered from them the night I signed up, +. I want many items on their site though I haven't made another order yet [due to my own lack of money only], +. I have no complaints about the site, +. They make it easy to search for items by name if you happen to see it somewhere or are told of it by a friend, +. Think that's all +'s which means I love this site!

Sign Up: Just Fab


Next...

SoleSociety.com: Not going to lie, apparently I've already been signed up for this site & didn't even know it. I went to sign up today & realized I already had. Sounds like problems of a shopaholic if you ask me. I can tell you that I have no knowledge of my first experience on the site besides I definitely never purchased from there before. I never forget a purchase. =] So today while taking a quick look around I got the impression that this is a site I won't be visiting often if at all. Maybe I realized what I realized back when I first signed up & then subsequently stopped visiting. Can't remember. 
First thing I notice.. unlike Shoe Dazzle & Just Fab, this site does not feature one flat price for all items. Most are $49.95 & some are $59.95. Maybe the higher priced ones are just the boots section I looked at, & the ones in my personal selection are all $49.95? Second, upon detail viewing of a shoe I see that some are made with genuine leather or suede. That is an IMMEDIATE NO for me. Third I see that there weren't many things that caught my eye off the bat. Maybe I was turned off by the first two things I noticed. Don't know.

The Rundown:
  • Monthly membership site featuring shoes only.
  • Easy to join. No credit card info required on sign-up.
  • No obligation to buy when you first sign-up.
  • Can skip the month [pay nothing] if you wish just by clicking a button on the site before the 5th of the month.
  • Can skip as many months as you wish.
  • Earn a free pair for every three friend your refer who make a purchase.
  • Free shipping & exchanges or to refund for a credit not a refund.
Cons: 
  • Not as cheap as the previous two sites
  • Use genuine leather & suede on most shoes
  • All items are not the same price
  • Only shoes not bags [Obvious from the name but still a con in my eyes]
  • No points//rewards for each purchase made, only referrals.
Love it, Like it, Hate it: Look at all those cons. I hate this site. Now this is just my opinion, mostly based on the fact that they use genuine skins, because for a good pair of gorgeous shoes I will shell out the cash. Since I refuse to purchase genuine leather products though, I will never purchase from here. But hey to each their own. Feel free to check it out yourself, though I don't recommend it. I highly encourage buying vegan shoes. =] From Just Fab, Shoe Dazzle or even Iron Fist!


Sign Up: Sole Society  ...if you must


and last... 

StylistPick.com: I found this site tonight. Signed up tonight. Learned about it tonight. Basically this is the London version of the other sites. Didn't realize til I already signed up. That's what I get for not reading more of the details. I should have realized immediately during the style survey because most of the celebs they used as examples for style choices were London celebs. That chick that married the prince, & Kate Moss? & other people I have no clue of who they are. Oddly though in that mix of London celebs & fashion icons[?] was Rihanna. Guess that bitch is just internationally known.

The Rundown:
  • London based monthly membership site featuring shoes, bags & jewelry.
  • Easy to join. No credit card info required on sign-up.
  • All items are £39.95. not $. This is a London based site!
  • No obligation to buy when you first sign-up.
  • 25% off your first item
  • Can skip the month [pay nothing] if you wish just by clicking a button on the site before the 5th of the month.
  • Can skip as many months as you wish.
  • Earn a 100 points for every purchase, 500 for every friend referral who purchases, 1000 points = 1 free credit.
  • Free shipping & exchanges.
Cons: 
  • Currently, they only ship within the UK.
  • I am not in the UK.
Love it, Like it, Hate it: I can't love the site, because I can't shop there. But I do like a lot of their products so I would say I like the site. Also they get a big plus because I didn't find any items made with genuine skins. I love London! So for all you UK bloggers who don't wanna pay shipping for our sites this is the site for you. Come to think of it I don't even know if the other sites ship outside the US. Oops. Anyway I will keep my account with this site open just in-case they do start shipping internationally. =]


Sign Up: Stylist Pick


So that's all of them, that I found anyway. Hope I was helpful

Questions
Have you guys tried any of these sites yet?
If so, what was your experience//how did you like them?
Will you try any of them after reading this post?


Please share!



Until next time,
Lovely Shopdict

No comments: